Assists in providing estimates to customers on private and public works projects. Responsibilities include assisting with project plan takeoffs, timely completion of bid documents as needed and following up with obtaining bid results. On award of project, duties include assisting with; setting up of project documents, ordering materials as required, scheduling of project with the coordination of the Operations Manager and performing other related tasks as assigned.
- Daily, Weekly tasks include:
- Carefully examine project plans and specifications and perform quantity survey or takeoff.
- Visit job sites prior to preparing bid to familiarize themselves as to the location and character of the proposed work.
- Evaluate subcontractor/supplier quotes.
- Attend pre-construction meetings as required.
- Prepare project bid; create jobs after receiving contracts, order materials, request material submittals, schedule work with the assistance of Operations Manager and invoice completed work.
- Attend formal bid openings as required.
- Make job site visits as required.
- Perform project cost analysis at conclusion of project.
- Able to clearly communicate to customers in English using telephone, U.S. mail and e-mail.
- Able to sit at a desk and use a computer monitor, mouse, and keyboard for up to four hours without a break.
- Able to quickly assess and prioritize customer needs.
- Able to maintain a high level of professionalism with customers and co-workers in high-stress situations.
- Able to respond in a courteous and helpful manner to customers and co-workers who may be angry or upset.
- Able to work in an environment with noise, including those associated with construction equipment, construction job sites, computer equipment, telephones, and other employees talking.
- Able to handle multiple tasks to fulfill job requirements.
- Working knowledge of PC’s, computer literacy including 3+ years working knowledge of Windows Operating System, Windows EXCEL, Windows WORD, and Google Software
- Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Preferred: Associate Degree, two years college courses in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Accounting, Business or equivalent experience preferred.
- Candidates must have a valid Virginia Driver License with a minimum of two (2) points within three (3) years. All final candidates will be subject to a Motor Vehicle Report, pre-employment drug screening, and criminal background check prior to hiring.
Compensation will be based on experience and performance.
Eure Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans are encouraged to apply.